Evan Brown is an attorney practicing in the areas of technology, intellectual property, entertainment and media. He works with companies and individuals to:
- Develop strategy
- Negotiate key contracts
- Understand and manage risk
- Protect confidentiality, copyrights, trademarks, domain names and rights of publicity
- Settle disputes and creatively solve other marketplace problems
His clients include:
- Software providers
- Marketing and advertising agencies
- Web developers
- Online retailers
- Content producers
- Data and analytics providers
- Musicians, actors and other celebrities
Evan is a partner in the law firm of Much Shelist, P.C. in Chicago.
He is also a law professor teaching classes on negotiations (at Chicago-Kent College of Law) and intellectual property (at UIC John Marshall Law School). He serves as an arbitrator with the World Intellectual Property Organization, deciding domain name disputes under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy. Evan graduated from the University of Denver College of Law in 2000, and did his undergraduate work at Wabash College, graduating in 1997.
Evan lives with his wife and two children in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. He serves in a number of leadership roles at Naperville Presbyterian Church.